Pearl Arrowsmith Week #38

 He was on the edge of a vertical cliff holding on to the climbing rope, salty tears dripping down his face. 


“I’m trying to hold on,” he shouted in terror. 


The rope was holding onto his weight by a string but then, the impossible happened, the string broke. His voice shook as he screamed. A tear dropped down from my face, 

“He’s gone,” I whispered under my breath. 

I struggled to pick myself up from the shingle but eventually I stood and accepted he was gone. I stood looking down...I turned ready to move away and there he was.


Comments

  1. Hi Pearl! This was a fascinating story. The opening line is really emotional and attention-grabbing. The ending makes me wonder what happened. Did he end up surviving, or is the narrator seeing a body or a ghost? I also love the way you describe the characters' actions - it's very powerful.

    Great work on this and keep writing!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Audric Special prompt #5 (21)

Roaness Fata-Sale

Arlo Parsons Week # 38